12.13.2012

INTRODUCING

Hello. My name is Il Male™ and I'm playing Dungeons & Dragons since I was 8-years old, starting with the 2nd Advanced edition of the game and never really moving on until discovering Labyrinth Lord a few years ago. Since then I played Labyrinth Lord, Mutant Future, Swords & Wizardry, the original 1974 edition, the 1st Advanced edition, Pathfinder and the 1981 B/X edition. I worked on a few projects, most remarkably the Doomed Wastelands campaign (an "anything goes" science fantasy sandbox game that lasted some 30 sessions or so), the Yaqqothl Grimoire (another science fantasy, more Carcosa/Gamma World oriented sandbox campaign that was played but once), a Middle Earth supplement for OD&D that never saw the light, the OD&D Single Volume publication, and a few megadungeons (the Tower of Zordaz, in which I ran a few G+ hangout games, Castle Vorndrang and the Dungeon of Doom). So yes, I'm yet another DM that always fails his saving throw against GADD. (The so-called Gamer Attention Deficit Disorder, FYI.) And yes, this is yet another blog on some projects that may or may not ever see the light.

In this blog I will collect House Rules and new content in form of random tables, monsters, and treasure for my (hopefully) upcoming campaign set in my yet-to-be-named One Page Dungeon Megadungeon. Such content will be loosely compatible with Labyrinth Lord, at least until I manage to merge the text of the Basic and Expert books from the 1981 edition into some kind of BX Rules Cyclopedia of my own. And that's it.

2 comments:

  1. Hey Ni', you should've let me know you've got a new blog. I found it by accident. Sadly I can't follow since I've reached my 300 limit and blogger won't let me delete any to make room for new blogs. But I will be keeping an eye out for your new posts, which I always enjoy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahah, thank you pal! I should make some kind of announce over at Yaqqothl, but I like the idea of starting over with something "fresh" :)

      Delete